Grilled Cod With Warm Bean Salad
| Glycemic Index Cooking made easy | Page 249 |
| Dr. Jennie Brand-Miller, Kaye Foster-Powell, and Joanna McMillan-Price (2007) |
| "Glycemic Index Cooking made easy", USA, Rodale Inc., ISBN-13 978-1-59486-609-8 |
| hardcover and ISBN-10 1-59486-609-0 hardcover |
| Ingredient # | Amount | Unit of Measure | Ingredient |
| 1 | 2.00 | cans (15.5 oz) | red kidney beans |
| 2 | 1.00 | cup | chicken broth |
| 3 | 3.00 | cloves | garlic |
| 4 | 1.00 | large | ripe tomatos |
| 5 | 2.00 | bunches | arugula |
| 6 | 1.00 | bunches | shallots |
| 7 | 0.25 | bunches | parsley (flat-leaf) |
| 8 | 3.00 | tbsp | lemon juice |
| 9 | 0.00 | to taste | salt |
| 10 | 0.00 | to taste | pepper |
| 11 | 1.00 | tbsp | olive oil |
| 12 | 4.00 | ounces | cod fillets |
| 13 | 0.00 | leaves | arugula |
| Preparation |
| 1 | reserve 1/2 cup of the kidney bean liquid. |
| 2 | In a bowl, mash 1/2 cup of the beans with 1/2 cup of liquid reserved. |
| 3 | Crush the garlic cloves |
| 4 | Coarsely chop the tomato. |
| 5 | Coarsely chop the arugula. |
| 6 | Finely slice the shallots. |
| 7 | Finely chop the flat-leaf parsley. |
| 8 | Place the mashed beans, chicken broth, chopped tomatoes, chopped arugula, sliced shallots, chopped parsley in a large saucepan. |
| 9 | Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper (to taste) to the saucepan. |
| 10 | Warm the bean mixture, covered, over a low heat for 10 minutes. |
| 11 | Meanwhile, preheat the grill or stove top grill pan and brush with olive oil. |
| 12 | Brush grill or grill pan with olive oil. |
| 13 | Grind black pepper over the cod fillets. |
| 14 | Cook the cod for 8 minutes, turning once. |
| 15 | Serve the warm bean salad as a bed for the cod fillets, and garnish with extra |
| arugula leaves. |
| Reviewed | Jerry Sandridge | on | 8/7/2007 12:13:13 PM |
| I enjoyed the meal. The warm bean salad had a new and tangy taste |
| for me. I think it was mainly the parsley and I may have used too |
| much. The recipe calls for 1/4 bunch. I may have put just a bit |
| more than that, but the bunch was huge. Next time I make it, I will |
| add a tad less parsley. |
| The warm bean salad portion is large -- about 8 oz of beans plus |
| 1/4 of a tomato; 1/4 bunch of arugula; etc. I froze the remaining 3 |
| portions. |
| I cooked the cod the way the recipe said, but next time I will spice it |
| up a bit for me. Also, my cooking time was a bit longer than the 8 |
| minutes the recipe called for. I also cooked the warm bean salad a |
| lot longer than the recipe said (which may account for some of the |
| tangy flavor that I liked so much). |
| All in all, I thought it was pretty good. |
No comments:
Post a Comment